This summer, the Jazz Arts Group will take jazz to a wilder place as the Columbus Jazz Orchestra takes center stage at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium for the sixth season of JazZoo! The four-concert series returns to the Water’s Edge Events Park at the Columbus Zoo providing a beautiful waterfront setting along the O’Shaughnessy Reservoir. Gates open at 6:30 PM with concerts beginning at 8 PM.
* July 8: “Red, White & Blues” featuring Kevin McGuire
Don’t miss the musical fireworks as Byron Stripling and the Columbus Jazz
Orchestra kick-off the JazZoo! season with a patriotic Independence Day
salute! The CJO will be joined by internationally touring vocalist Kevin
McGuire as they perform popular American hits with a jazz and blues flair.
To honor those who protect and serve our country, there will be a special
discount for men and women serving in the military!
* July 15: “Broadway Meets Hollywood” featuring Helen Welch
Join UK vocal sensation and CJO favorite Helen Welch as she sings the
biggest hits of the silver screen and the Great White Way! Feel like a movie
star as you walk down our red carpet and are serenaded by the sweet sounds
of the CJO. You won’t want to miss the glitz and glam of this unique event!
* July 22: “Rhapsody in Zoo – A Gershwin Celebration” featuring
Don’t miss the keyboard stylings of the legendary Bobby Floyd, in this
celebration of Gershwin and Tin Pan Alley! From “Someone to Watch Over Me”
and “Embraceable You” to the signature “Rhapsody in Blue,” you will feel
transported back in time by the sounds of the CJO and the beautiful
lakefront setting of Water’s Edge Events Park. Make sure you are there to
experience this timeless set!
* August 12: “Elvis, The Beatles & Beyond” featuring Dan Faehnle
(Pink Martini) and Jonathan Elliott (The Floorwalkers)
Relive the birth of rock ‘n’ roll as the CJO plays its versions of the hit
tunes of The King, The Fab Four and more! The CJO will be joined by
guitarist Dan Faehnle, who has toured with multi-cultural “little orchestra”
Pink Martini and with Grammy Award-winner Diana Krall. Plus, Jonathan
Elliott of the hugely popular Columbus band The Floorwalkers lends his
vocals to this rockin’ set.
Ticket prices (includes zoo admission and concert, parking is $5 per car for
all but zoo members):
* Adult single: $27 (advance)/$30 (day of)
* Student single: $15 with ID
* Military single: $15 with ID (July 8 show only)
* Adult concert series: $79 per person (through June 19)
* Adult concert series: $89 per person (after June 19)
* Single concert corporate table of 8: $300 (does not include food)
* Concert series corporate table of 8: $1,000 (does not include food)
Single concert tickets and full series tickets can be purchased from the
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium via phone at 614.724.3485 or online at
www.columbuszoo.org. Single concert tables and full series tables can be
reserved through the Jazz Arts Group at 614.294.5200 x 110. Advance catering
options are available through Made from Scratch.