The four-concert series returns to the Water’s Edge Events Park at the Columbus Zoo providing a beautiful waterfront setting along the O’Shaughnessy Reservoir. Gates open at 6:30 PM with concerts beginning at 8 PM.
- July 13, 8 PM: “Rock ‘n’ Roll Meets the Blues” featuring Jonathan Elliott (The Floorwalkers)
Join Byron Stripling and the Columbus Jazz Orchestra at Water’s Edge Events Park for our JazZoo! season kick-off, “Rock ‘n’ Roll Meets the Blues!” Columbus rocker Jonathan Elliott of The Floorwalkers will front the band as they play a set of classic rock hits! Of course, we wouldn’t forget about rock’s close cousin, so stick around for a steamy set as Byron and the band play the blues.
- · July 20, 8 PM: “Ray Charles & the Legends of Soul” featuring Phil Clark
Special performance by Micah Thomas, 2012 Hank Marr High School Jazz Award Winner
With perfect pitch and an expressive voice, Ray Charles combined worlds as diverse as jazz, country, rhythm and blues, and gospel to break your heart or make you dance. Join the Columbus Jazz Orchestra and special guest Phil Clark as they serenade you with the sweet sounds of Ray’s classic songs and the legendary figures of soul.
- · August 10, 8 PM: “A Night in Vegas” featuring Vox
Special opening performance by Jazz Academy’s Columbus Community Big Band
You won’t want to keep this night in Vegas a secret! Join the Columbus Jazz Orchestra and the Columbus Gay Men’s Chorus exclusive small group, Vox, for a fun-filled and high-energy performance under the stars. Picture yourself on “The Strip” as the exciting sounds of the CJO electrify the night. These tunes will capture the glitz and glamour of Sin City right here in Columbus’ own backyard!
- · August 17, 8 PM: “That’s Entertainment! Byron’s Birthday Bash” featuring Pete Barbutti and special musical guests
Special opening performance by Winchester Steel Company (Canal Winchester High School)
Help us celebrate Byron’s tenth year as Artistic Director of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra with a boisterous show celebrating the trumpet virtuoso and bandleader we all love! Musical comedian Pete Barbutti of The Tonight Show fame will bring his talents to the stage, and will be joined by several surprise Columbus jazz favorites! You won’t want to miss this jazz party like no other!
Ticket prices (includes zoo admission and concert, parking is $7 per car for all but zoo members):
- Adult single: $29 (advance)/$35 (day of)
- Adult single: $27 (advance)/$30 (day of) for CJO subscribers/Columbus Zoo members
- Student single: $15 with ID
- Adult concert series: $89 per person (through June 13)
- Adult concert series: $99 per person (after June 13)
- Single concert corporate table of 8: $350 (does not include food)
- Concert series corporate table of 8: $1,200 (does not include food)
Single concert tickets and full series tickets can be purchased from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium via phone at 614.645.3485 or online at www.columbuszoo.org. Single concert tables and full series tables can be reserved through the Jazz Arts Group at 614.294.5200 x 110. Advance catering options are also available.