Some of the bands he has performed with include:
* Paradise Island Band
* HooDoo Soul Band
* The Columbus Jazz Orchestra
* Yumbambe Salsa Jazz Band
* Ernie Krivda’s Fat Tuesday Big Band
* Mazel Tov Orchestra
* Paul Brown’s Science Gravy Orchestra
* various Columbus Broadway Series performances
Kris also has extensive experience in the studio recording for television and radio at Circa Music.
His own projects include:
* La Charanga Tres: a ten piece orchestra, celebrating the music of Cuba during the 1920′s to the 1960′s;
* Trio Classique: flute, violin and cello, performing classical music.
* Minan-Dya: a jazz ensemble featuring Kris’ original compositions with a focus on american/latin jazz;
* Magically Delicious: a project with Tony McClung (drums), Andy Woodson (bass), Micheal Cox (reeds) focusing on original compositions and arrangements with an ’06 self titled CD release.
Since 2000, Kris has been involved with Jazz For Kids, a program designed by Kris and his colleagues to introduce jazz to K-3rd grade students in the Columbus Public School system.
After serving three years in the U.S. Army, 283rd Army Band, Ft. Benning, Georgia, Kris recieved his B.M. from the Ohio State University in ’94. He has taught jazz improvisation every summer since 2000 at the Ohio State University Summer Flute Workshop with Katherine Borst Jones and teaches privately out of his home in Columbus, Ohio.